The PCR-30/50/80 MIDI Controllers can be connected to a computer so they can be integrated with music software applications. This will use a standard USB cable connected to the square USB port on the back of the PCR and then to a standard USB port on your computer.
1. On the PCR keyboard, press EDIT. The display will indicate 'EDT.'
2. Press SYSTEM. The display will indicate 'SY0.'
3. Use the DEC / INC buttons or the 0-F keys to specify System 6, for USB Driver Mode. The display will indicate 'SY6.'
4. Press ENTER.
5. Use the DEC / INC buttons or the 0-1 keys to specify the USB Driver Mode.
- 0 = Original driver mode ("orG"). This mode requires that a Roland USB driver be installed on your computer.
- 1=Generic driver mode ("GEn"). This mode does not require a Roland USB driver, so is useful for newer operating systems (the last USB drivers for the PCR-30/50/80 released by Roland supported Windows 8/8.1 and OSX 10.9).
6. Press ENTER.
7. Re-start the PCR keyboard to finalize the setting.
If you set the USB Driver Mode to 0 (Generic), skip to step 10 below.
8. Download and install the PCR-30/50/90 USB driver for your computer and connect the USB cable. You can download the latest drivers from our website here.
Make sure you download the driver that corresponds to the type of computer you have (Mac or Windows-based) and the version of operating system you are using. Once downloaded, you will need to run the setup application to install the driver into your system. This may include re-starting your computer.
9. Confirm that the USB driver is installed correctly and that the computer is communicating correctly with the PCR.
- On a Macintosh, look in the Audio MIDI Setup utility and confirm that the PCR is listed in the MIDI Studio window.
- On a PC, open the Device Manager and confirm that the PCR is listed under "Sound, video, and game controllers."
10. Activate or enable the PCR in your music software. You will need to consult with the documentation for your specific application for this, but usually there is a preferences menu where you will need to enable the PCR so it can be used by your software.