You can use the following procedure to load the EXP-series sound sets downloaded from the Roland Axial website (http://axial.roland.com) into the FA-06, FA-07, or FA-08 Workstation Keyboards:
- Download and unzip / expand the Expansion Sound Set from the Axial website.
- Using your computer, copy the Sound Set file ("EXP**.bin") to the root directory of a USB memory key.
- Plug the USB memory into the USB FOR UPDATE connector on the FA-06 or FA-08.
- While holding down the PREVIEW button, turn on the power.
- Continue holding the PREVIEW button until the FA boots in Wave Update Mode.
- The screen will display the file names corresponding to the pad numbers (for example, EXP01.bin is pad number 1).
- There are two wave expansion slots. First, press one of the pads to select the wave expansion data for slot 1 (for example, press pad 1 to select EXP01.bin).Â When you press one of the pads, it will show the EXP name (for example, [SLOT1] -> [EXP-01: Dance Trax Collection])
- The import procedure for slot 2 is the same as slot 1.Â If you do not want to load anything to slot 2, press the EXIT button.
- When the screen displays "Are you sure?", press the ENTER button to load the sounds. If you would like to start over, press EXIT button. If you decide not to load any sounds, turn off the power.
- When the FA is loading the sounds, "Writing..." will be displayed on the screen (this process will take approximately three minutes to load per slot).When the FA-06/07/08 is done loading the sounds, "Complete" will be displayed on the screen.
- Reboot the FA-06/07/08.
The EXP series is PCM based. There are two ways to select the sounds.
- In the STUDIO SET PLAY screen, select the Category Lock icon and turn the dial to "UNLOCK" it. Next, change the TYPE to PCMS or PCMD,
and change the BANK to EX**. You will now be able to select the sounds in order from this screen.
- Press the category buttons and turn the dial to scroll through until you reach the EX** banks. You can also press the category buttons and then press ENTER to show the TONE LIST.
Note: The Studio Set's part parameters will affect the sound of the Tones. To avoid this, you can initialize the Studio Set or the Part (refer to the FA-06/07/08 Reference Manual).