The FA-06, FA-07, and FA-08 allow you to change the USB Driver setting - the available options are:
- VENDER: This setting requires that you install a Roland USB driver on your computer for the FA-06/07/08, and allows you to transfer both MIDI and Audio through the USB connection. This is the usual setting used when connecting to a computer.
- GENERIC: This setting does not require a Roland USB driver to be installed (it instead uses the built-in driver in your computer's operating system), and is also referred to as "Class Compliant." This is a good option when a USB driver is not available for your computer, or when you are connecting to an iOS device.
Here are the steps to change the USB Driver setting on the FA-06/07/08:
- Press MENU.
- Cursor to "System" and press ENTER.
- Use the </> buttons to select the "General" tab at the top of the screen.
- Cursor to "USB Driver" and use the Value Dial to set this to "VENDER (MIDI+AUDIO)" or "GENERIC (MIDI ONLY)." You will need to press the #6 button under the screen (which has "WRITE" displayed above it on the screen) to proceed.
- Power off then back on the FA-06/07/08.