The following procedure can be used to clear the SD memory card data and reload the factory settings of the R-44.
After purchasing a new SD memory card for use in the R-44, the formatting procedure must be performed in order to use the card with the recorder. This procedure can also be used to alleviate fragmentation on an SD memory card.
CAUTION: All data and recordings will be lost. Be sure to back up any information you wish to keep.
- Make sure that the SD card you want to format is inserted in the SD card slot.
- Press [MENU] to access the “Menu” screen.
- Use the up and down cursor buttons (located in the MARKER section) to select “9 SD Card” and then press [ENTER/FINDER].
- Use the up and down buttons to select “Format” and then press [ENTER/FINDER].
- When the confirmation screen appears, use the right cursor button to select “Yes” and then press [ENTER/FINDER].
- When processing has completed, you are automatically returned to the System Menu screen.
- Press the [EXIT] button again to return to the Main screen.