You can connect a pad that’s selectable in “PAD Type” to the TD-02 and play it.
Check the following points.
- The stand for the TD-02KV and TD-02K are designed for setting up the pads that are included with the set. To use a pad that’s not in this set, you must have a mount or stand on which the pad in question can be set up.
- Reselect the PAD Type when you’ve changed one of the pads.
- Roland has not confirmed the operation of pads not listed in the “PAD Type List” of the TD-02 Owner’s Manual with the TD-02.
- The TD-02 does not support strike position detection. Because of this, the sound does not change according to where you strike the pad, even if you’ve connected a pad that supports strike detection.
- The toms (1–3) on the TD-02 do not support rim shots.
For details on swapping out the sound module, refer to “Can I use a different sound module (TD-02)?”.