With AeroCaster, you can record both the camera mix while you are switching (aka Program) and each individual camera (aka ISO's).
You can also stream while recording, but have the option to just record, if needed.
The Recording settings are in multiple places, here is a breakdown of what the settings do.
This is the record button on the main screen. If you are recording, "REC" is highlighted blue.
But before you record for the first time, you need to set it up.
To access the Recording settings, tap the "Share" (middle) button on the main screen
Next, tap the Recording tab.
Enable Local Record(Program): This records your Program output, the red box on the main screen of AeroCaster Live. The file is saved to the iPad's camera roll.
Bitrate: This is the recording's quality. Try 5000 Kbps with older iPads and 10000 Kbps with newer iPads.
Enable each satellite camera recording when live start: This records each individual camera (aka ISO's) in addition to the Program output. This is helpful if you want to make edits later.
- Separately recording the iPad's built-in camera is not possible at this time.
- The bitrate setting for each camera is set in the AeroCaster Camera app, on the right side of the screen. You may need to change this setting again the next time you connect the camera to the iPad.
Transfer recorded file in satellite camera when live ended: This setting automatically transfers the individual camera recordings to the iPad.
- Depending on the length and bitrates of the recordings, transfer may take up to 1 hour. Do not enable this feature if you do not have time to complete the transfer.
- You can later transfer individual camera recordings to the iPad or a Mac by using AirDrop, or an Apple USB Camera Adapter with a USB flash drive.
If you enabled "Enable each satellite camera recording when live start" on the iPad:
Do not use the record button in the lower left corner of the AeroCaster Camera app.
- Only use that button when recording a camera without using AeroCaster Live, or if you are not using "Enable each satellite camera recording when live start".
Do not enable the Record setting for any cameras in the Camera tab of AeroCaster Live on the iPad.
- Only use that setting if you are not using "Enable each satellite camera recording when live start".