*Please note that you will need to ensure that the Roland Cloud Manager APP is installed. If you’re not sure how to do this, here are a few links that should help.*
Roland Cloud: What is Roland Cloud Manager?
Roland Cloud: How do I install Roland Cloud Manager?
Roland Cloud: How do I start Roland Cloud Manager?
Follow the steps below:
If you have already installed the Roland Cloud Manager APP and created a Roland Account, start with step 5.
- Click on the link below:
Roland - TD-17 Version 2 Update | Upgrade for the TD-17 V-Drums Module
- Click "DOWNLOAD NOW" to get the Roland Cloud Manager APP.
- Launch the Roland Cloud Manager installer.
- Once the Roland Cloud Manager is installed, create your free account.
- In the Home page, click "Hardware."
- In the Top bar click on "V-Drums"
- Click "Download" to get the Update.
Before executing the Update do a Backup of your data
What You Need for the Update
- TD-17 unit
- SD card (an SDHC card up to 32 GB capacity, pre-formatted on the TD-17)
Creating an SD Card for the Update
- The file you downloaded is a ZIP archive.
Decompress the downloaded file.
The “td17_sys_v2**” folder appears when decompression is finished.
* The asterisks (**) indicate the system program version. For Ver.2.00, “td17_sys_v200” is shown.
NOTE: You can find the "TD-17 Ver.2.0 Update Guide (PDF)" in the decompressed folder.
- Copy the update file (TD17_UPA.BIN) in the “td17_sys_v2**” folder to the root directory of the SD card (the directory that displays immediately after opening the SD card). Note that after copying the file, you should see both the Roland folder and .BIN file in the same view. Make sure the .BIN file does not get copied into any folders on the SD Card.
- Eject/remove the SD card using the method shown below:
- Windows users
Use the “Remove Hardware” icon shown on the lower right corner of the screen to disconnect (eject) the SD card, and remove it from the computer.
- Mac Users
Drag the SD card icon into the Trash to disconnect (eject) the SD card, and remove it from the computer.
- Windows users
- Turn off the TD-17.
- Insert the SD card for the update into the SD card slot of the TD-17.
- Turn on the power while holding down the [REC] button. You can release the button after “=== update ===" appears in the top of the TD-17's display.
The update begins.
The update process takes approximately 5 minutes.
When the update is complete, “Update finished” is shown in the display.
*Do not turn off the TD-17 during the update process. User data may be damaged.
- Turn off the power and remove the SD card from the TD-17.
- Turn on the power of the TD-17.
The word “Roland” appears, followed by the INITIALIZE screen.
- Press the [F3] (EXECUTE) button to execute the factory reset.
A confirmation message appears.
- Press the [ENTER] button.
When the factory reset is completed, the Kit screen for the TD-17 Ver.2.0 appears.
See the video "Roland TD-17 Version 2 Roland Cloud Update" for reference.