When you play on the TD-11's pads, each of them send out a different MIDI Note Number. These Note Numbers are preassigned from the factory, however they can be changed in the TD-11 if desired. For example, if you're using the TD-11 to trigger an external device through MIDI (e.g. software, sound module) and you're not able to trigger specific sounds using the existing TD-11's MIDI Note mapping, you can specify which Note Numbers are transmitted from each pad. Here's how:
First select a Kit you'd like to edit. (Note number assignments can be set differently in each Kit).
Next, we'll need to turn off the "Standard MIDI Setup Lock" in the TD-11:
1. Press the MENU button.
2. Press the down cursor button until the "SYSTEM" icon appears in the display.
3. Press the function 3 [F3] button (SYSTEM).
4. Press cursor down to choose "MIDI."
5. Press F3 (ENTER).
6. Cursor to "Std MIDI Setup Lock."
7. Turn the dial to choose "OFF."
8. Press EXIT three times to return to the main Kit menu.
Follow these steps to select the Note Numbers:
1. Press MENU.
2. Press the cursor down button until the "MIDI" icon appears in the display.
3. Press F1 (MIDI).
4. Hit the pad - or portion of the pad (head or rim) - that you want to set the MIDI Note Number for.
5. Turn the dial to choose the Note Number.
6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for any remaining pads as necessary.
7. Press EXIT twice when you're finished. The new settings are saved in the Kit automatically.