Version 2 in the SPD-30 added a feature called Output Gain, which boosts the output level coming from the outputs +6dB. Selecting this setting can be helpful if your particular setup requires a stronger output signal from the SPD-30. Here's how to access the Output Gain feature:
1. Press the MENU button.
2. Turn the function 1 (F1) knob to highlight "AMBIENCE."
3. Press the function 3 (F3) button (ENTER).
4. Press the F2 button repeatedly until you've selected the "LIMIT" tab.
5. Turn F3 to choose "+6dB."
6. Press the BACK button when you're finished. The new settings are saved automatically.