It's important to choose the correct Trigger Type for a pad or trigger that you have connected to the TM-2. Not doing so will cause inefficient and / or unexpected trigger results.
Here's how to choose the Trigger Type for a pad in the TM-2:
1. Hold SHIFT and press the INST/SETUP button.
2. Press the (+) button (ENTER).
3. Press the (+) or ( - ) button to choose the correct Input Mode (HEAD&RIM or PADx2). If you have one pad connected to each input, choose "HEAD&RIM." If you have two pads connected to one input, choose "PADx2."
4. Press the right cursor (>) button once to select the "Type" menu.
5. Hit the pad or trigger that you want to set the Trigger Type for.
6. Press (+) or ( - ) to choose the Trigger Type - (e.g. If you have a BT-1 Bar Trigger Pad connected, choose "BT-1").
7. Repeat Steps 5 and 6 for any remaining pads as necessary.
8. Press INST twice to return to the main screen. The new settings are saved automatically.