You can use the TM-2 to trigger sounds in an external module (or in the computer) through MIDI. When doing so, you may need to adjust the MIDI Note Numbers to match the Note Numbers in the external device that you're triggering. A different MIDI Note Number can be assigned to each pad/trigger in a Kit in the TM-2. Here's how:
1. Choose a Kit to edit.
2. Press the INST button.
3. Press the right arrow (>) button repeatedly until "Note #" appears in the display.
4. Hit the pad/trigger that you want to set the Note Number for.
5. Press the + or - buttons to choose the desired number.
6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for the remaining pads as needed.
7. Press INST when you're finished. The new settings are saved in the Kit automatically.