From the factory, the TM-2 is set to MIDI Channel 10. You can change this to any other MIDI channel that you like however (1-16), and may need to do so to match the external device that you're connecting to through MIDI.
Here's how to set the basic MIDI channel:
1. Press and hold the SHIFT button, and then press the INST button.
2. Press the right arrow button (>) once to select "SYSTEM,' and then press + (ENTER).
3. Press (>) repeatedly until "MIDI Ch" appears in the display.
4. Press the + or - buttons to select the desired channel (OFF, 1-16). Tip: If you do not want to send/receive MIDI data from the TM-2, choose "OFF."
5. Press the INST button twice when you're finished. The new setting is saved automatically.