It's possible to play (trigger) audio files directly from an SD card that's inserted into the TM-2's SD card slot. Once you have transferred your files from the computer to the SD card, you can then trigger them from the pads and/or triggers that you have connected to the TM-2's trigger inputs.
- SD or SDHC card (formatted first in the TM-2).
- Computer with an SD card port, or an external SD card reader.
- Audio files (.WAV 16 bit / 44.1kHz, Mono or Stereo). (Note: mp3 files cannot be played by the TM-2).
First, format your SD or SDHC card in the TM-2 with the following steps:
1. Check the SD card and confirm that the sliding "lock" switch is not set to the Lock position.
2. Insert your SD card into the card slot on the front panel of the TM-2.
3. Press and hold the SHIFT button and then press the INST button.
4. Press the right arrow button (>) repeatedly until "SD CARD FORMAT" appears in the display.
5. Press the + button (ENTER) - "SD CARD FORMAT SURE?" appears in the display.
6. Press the + button. "ARE YOU SURE" appears.
7. Press the "2" button.
Next, transfer the files to the card:
1. Remove the card from the TM-2's SD card slot and insert it into the computer's SD card reader.
2. Locate your audio files in the computer and copy them into the WAVE folder (within the Roland folder) on the SD card.
3. When you're finished transferring the files, eject the SD card from the computer.
Here's how to assign the waves on the SD card to the pads/triggers in the TM-2:
1. Insert the SD card into the TM-2's card slot.
2. Press the + or - button to choose the Kit that you would like to edit (There are 99 Kits in the TM-2).
3. Press the INST button.
4. Hit the pad that you'd like to assign an instrument to.
5. Press and hold the + button you pass the factory sounds (beyond 162).
Tip: To scroll through the sounds quickly, you can press the + and - buttons together. You can also press and hold the SHIFT button while pressing the + or - buttons which selects each instrument category.
6. Once you have chosen the instrument, repeat Steps 4 and 5 for any remaining pads that you have connected.
7. Press the INST button when you're finished. The new settings are saved in the Kit automatically.