It's possible to adjust the sensitivity of each pad on the HPD-20. Doing so allows you to customize each pad's sensitivity in detail to match your personal playing style. Here's how:
1. Press MENU.
2. Press the cursor buttons to highlight the "SYS" icon, and then press ENTER.
3. Cursor down to "PAD SETTINGS," and then press ENTER.
4. Hit or tap the pad that you want to adjust the sensitivity for.
5. Press the + or - button to adjust the value (1-10). Lower values make the pad less sensitive, while higher values make the pad more sensitive.
6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for the remaining pads as desired.
7. When you're finished, press the EXIT button three times. The new settings are saved automatically.