The following article will guide you through setting up the TR-8 to be used as the input audio interface with Logic Pro X software.
Audio I/O Setup:
- Select Logic Pro X in the menu bar and navigate to Preferences.
- Click on “Audio...”
- Under the Devices tab, set your Output Device and Input Device to TR-8 if it is not already set.
- Click “Apply Changes”
- Close the Preferences Menu
Now we will select the input source (the USB outputs of the TR-8) for a track.
- Select Track in the menu bar and click on “New Tracks…”
- Click on the "Input" box and check “Ascending.” Then, select the first individual channel from the TR-8, which is Input 3.
- Create 12 tracks. The inputs will be incrementally assigned.
- Click on the "R" track arm button so that it turns red to arm the track(s).
- Press R on the keyboard to begin recording.
The TR-8 is now setup for Logic Pro X and you can follow the basic recording instructions from Apple for additional information regarding recording audio.
Apple's Logic Pro X User Guide manual will guide you through recording in their software (for example: their Chapter 7 sections regarding working with tracks and Chapter 8 sections for recording):