The following article with guide you through setting up the TR-8 Rhythm Performer to be used as an audio interface with Ableton Live.
1. Open Preferences under the Live drop down menu.
2. Open the Audio tab.
3. Under Audio Input Device, chose TR-8
4. Under “Input Config,” enable mono inputs 3-14.
5. Close the Preferences menu.
Now the TR-8 is set up for recording individual instruments on channels 3-14.
Now we will select the input source (the physical input of the TR-8) for a track.
1. Select Create in the menu bar and click Insert Audio Track.
2. Create 11 more audio tracks.
3. Ensure the “I-O” button is engaged.
4. Under the Audio From window of your new tracks, incrementally select Ext. In, 3 - 14. Enable input monitoring.
5. When ready to record, record enable the tracks.
Your TR-8 is now record-ready! Starting on Chapter 4, the Ableton manual will guide you through in depth recording using their software.