- 1 TR-8
- 1 USB cable
- 1 Computer with Ableton Live
Prep for Sequencing:
- Connect the TR-8 to your computer via USB.
- Open Ableton Live
- Configure TR-8 as Audio Input Interface (more info here: http://www.rolandus.com/support/knowledge_base/201920279)
- NOTE: TR-8 does not need to be clocked to Ableton for this example.
- Under Ableton Preferences ->MIDI->Output: TR-8, switch Track to ON.
- Create 1 Audio track and 1 MIDI track
- Set the input of your MIDI track to a controller of your choice (NOT TR-8)
- Set the output of your MIDI track to TR-8, Channel 10
- Set the input of your Audio track to Ext 1/2
- Set the output of your Audio track to Master
Your track setup should look similar to this:
From here you can manually program your drum beats, or use an external controller of your choice.