When using the XP-10 with an external sequencer (such as a computer), it is
best to put the XP-10 into its GS Performance Mode. This mode is best suited
for sequencing. Parts 1-16 are assigned to channels 1-16, effects are set to
standard levels, and the XP-10 will respond to system exclusive and control
change messages. In short, it provides a "clean slate" to begin sequencing.
Use the following procedure to select the GS Performance Mode:
1) Press UTILITY.
2) Press VALUE + until "Initialize" is flashing in the display, and press
3) Press VALUE - until "Perform: GS Reset" is flashing in the display, and
press ENTER. You are now in GS Performance mode.
To have the XP-10 select GS Performance Mode whenever you turn it on, copy the
GS Performance to user location 01 by doing the following :
1) Select the GS Performance Mode by following the three steps above.
2) Press UTILITY.
3) Press VALUE +/- until "Write Perform" is flashing in the display, and press
4) Press VALUE - until "Perform>User:01" appears in the display, and press
ENTER. The screen will briefly display "Completed". Now when the XP-10 is
turned off and back on, it will automatically contain standard GS settings.
For more information on the GS Performance Mode, see page 38 in your XP-10
For more information on sequencing with the XP-10, see pages 53-55 in your
XP-10 Owners Manual.
Have more questions? Submit a request