It is possible to use the MC-303s arpeggiator to generate bass lines, leads,
or arpeggios and record them into an external sequencer. The parts then can be
assigned to any instrument defined in your sequencer. Use the following
procedure to use the arpeggiator with an external sequencer and/or sound source:
1) Connect a MIDI cable from your MIDI interface OUT to the MIDI IN of the
2) Connect a MIDI cable from your MIDI interface IN to the MIDI OUT of the
3) Set the sequencing program to transmit MIDI clock.
4) Hold SHIFT then press PAD 16. Press the right SELECT button 3 times.
5) Use the VALUE dial to change the SY1 setting from "int" (internal clock) to
"SLu" (slave mode).
6) Press EXIT.
7) Set the sequencing program to thru on the instrument you wish to arpeggiate.
8) Press PART SELECT 1 and press ARPEGGIO ON.
9) Hold SHIFT then press PAD 14.
10) Use the VALUE dial to change the P-1 setting from "int" (internal) to "EHt"
(external). Press EXIT.
11) Press PLAY on the sequencing program then press a PAD to play the
12) Press PLAY and RECORD on the sequencing program to record to arpeggiator.
Have more questions? Submit a request