Note: This article refers to the 2011 MICRO BR® BR-80 Digital Recorder. If you're looking for information on the BOSS MICRO BR® Digital Recorder that was released in 2006, please click this link:
The BR-80 allows you to combine multiple tracks into a stereo WAV file. This is useful if you need an audio file on your computer to load into CD burning software or onto the internet.
While in Mastering mode, anything that you hear playing from the BR-80 can be recorded to a stereo WAV file (i.e. all eight track, the built-in rhythm patterns, and the Mastering Effects).
MASTERING (Combining Multiple Tracks Together):
1. Adjust the volume, pan, and reverb for all of tracks as desired.
2. Press the MENU button.
3. Use the cursor buttons to select “MASTERING/BOUNCE” and then press ENTER.
4. Use the cursor buttons to select “MASTERING” and then press ENTER.
5. Use the cursor buttons to select the item that you want to edit and then use the dial to edit the setting.
"FILE" - Shows the name of the WAV file that will be created by mastering.
"EFFECT" - Selects the mastering effect that will be used during the mastering process. To adjust the mastering effect: cursor to "EFFECT", use the dial to select the mastering effect of your choice and then press the ENTER button twice to edit the effect.
Note: Additional effect parameter information can be found on page 83 of the owner's manual: https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/BR-80_eng09_W.pdf
"START" - Specifies the location of where mastering will begin recording.
"END" - Specifies the location of where mastering will end (stop) recording.
"LEVEL" - Specifies the volume of the WAV file that will be created by mastering. Note: if the WAV file created after mastering is too loud or too quiet in volume, you may adjust the volume here and remaster.
6. Press the REC button. The BR-80 will enter recording standby mode.
7. Press PLAY. The mastering process begins and the tracks playing are recorded onto a WAV file with the name specified in the "FILE" section above.
When the process is complete, the BR-80 will stop automatically at the specified time that was set for "END".
TO HEAR YOUR MASTERED WAV FILE:
1. Press the power button a number of times until the eBand indicator is lit.
2. Press the TR1/2 (Song) button to enter the Song List.
3. Use the dial to select "MASTERING" and then press the ENTER button.
4. Use the dial to select the mastered song file and then press the ENTER button.
5. Press PLAY to hear the mastered wav file.
TRANSFERRING THE MASTERED WAV FILE TO YOUR COMPUTER:
1. Press the MENU button.
2. Use the cursor buttons to select "FUNCTION" and then press ENTER.
3. Use the cursor buttons to select "USB" and then press ENTER.
4. Use the dial to select "STORAGE" and then press ENTER twice.
5. Power off the BR-80 and then power back on. The BR-80's USB mode is now set to Storage.
6. Use a USB cable to connect the BR-80 to your computer. A "BOSS_BR-80" ICON (or a "removable disk (*:)" icon) will eventually appear on your computer.
Windows Users: If this icon does not appear, open the Windows Start menu (or Windows icon) and then click on "My Computer" (or "Computer"). The icon will be in "Devices with Removable Storage".
7. Double-click the "BOSS_BR-80" icon (or "removable disk (*:)" icon).
8. Double-click on the "ROLAND" folder.
9. Double-click on the "MASTERING" folder. WAV files that you previously mastered will appear in the window.
10. Drag the mastered WAV file onto your computer's desktop or into a folder that you have created. A copy of your mastered WAV file is now on your computer.
11. Stop the connection between the BR-80 and your computer:
From the Windows Start menu, click on “Computer.” Right-click the “BOSS_BR-80” icon (or the “Removable disk (*:)” icon), and then click on “Eject.”
Mac OS Users
Drag the “BR-80” icon to the “Eject” ("Trash") icon.