The JD-Xi has 4 parts - Digital 1, Digital 2, Drums, and Analog Synth. Each part is set to a specific MIDI channel:
- Digital 1 = MIDI Channel 1
- Digital 2 = MIDI Channel 2
- Drums = MIDI Channel 10
- Analog Synth = MIDI Channel 3
If you want to access these parts from an external MIDI controller or sequencer, you will need to use these MIDI channels.
You can also use program change messages to switch the Programs on the JD-Xi, and the default MIDI channel for this is MIDI Channel 16. You can change this if desired by using this procedure:
- Press the [Menu/Write] button.
- Use the Cursor [<] [>] buttons to select “SYSTEM,” and then press the [Enter] button.
- Hold down the [Shift] button and use the Cursor [<] [>] buttons to select "MIDI"
- Use the Cursor [<] [>] buttons to select "Prog Rx/Tx Ch", and then use the Value [-] [+] buttons to edit the MIDI channel.
- Press the [Exit] button several times to return to the top screen. The parameters you edit are saved when you exit the system setting screen.