Calibration of the VH-11 hihat system is crucial for optimum trigger results. It's best to calibrate regularly, or if you have taken apart and recently moved the TD-25 kit from one location to another. Here's how:
1. Loosen the hihat clutch (wing nut) and let the VH-11 pad rest on the controller.
2. Press the Function 3 button (MENU).
3. Press Function 3 again(SETUP).
4. Press Function 3 to highlight "Hi-Hat Setting."
5. Press the ENTER button ("KICK" will be flashing).
6. If necessary, turn the thumb nut on the clutch clockwise or counterclockwise until the indicator in the TD-25's display is between the two left and right pointing arrows and they are highlighted. > - <
7. When you're finished, press Function button 3 times to exit to the main menu. The new settings are saved automatically.
8. Raise, adjust, and then tighten the VH-11's hihat clutch.