The following article will guide through setting up the DUO-CAPTURE EX to be used with GarageBand software on a Mac OS X computer.
Note: The DUO-CAPTURE driver must be installed prior to following the setup instructions below. If you have not installed the driver, download and install the driver here.
- Set the COMPUTER switch on the back of the DUO-CAPTURE EX to either 44.1 or 48. Do not set this switch to TAB.
- Be sure to connect speakers or headphones directly to the DUO-CAPTURE EX and not to your computer's installed soundcard.
GarageBand Audio I/O Setup:
- Connect the DUO-CAPTURE EX to the Mac computer.
- Open GarageBand software.
- Select Garageband in the menu bar and navigate to Preferences.
- Click on the Audio/MIDI tab at the top of the window.
- Assign the Audio Input and Audio Output to the DUO-CAPTURE EX (or UA-22).
- Close the Preferences menu.
The DUO-CAPTURE EX is not setup to be used with GarageBand. For instructions regarding how to record and/or operate GarageBand, refer to GarageBand's documentation or contact Apple's support for assistance: