The USB Driver Mode setting in the JD-Xi allows you to select how the USB connection from the JD-Xi communicates with other devices (such as a computer). There are two options for this setting:
- Generic (default): This setting allows the JD-Xi to connect to a computer without using a Roland-supplied driver. It also allows the JD-Xi to connect to a device (such as an iPad or other iOS device) that has built-in MIDI drivers. The Generic setting allows for MIDI data transfer only - it does not support audio transfer. This option is also referred to as "Class Compliant."
- Vendor: This setting requires a Roland USB driver to be installed on your computer. You can download the latest USB drivers for the JD-Xi from our website here. This option allows for both MIDI and Audio transfer between the JD-Xi and your computer.
To change the USB Driver Mode setting:
- Press the MENU button.
- Use the Cursor </> buttons to select "SYSTEM," and press ENTER.
- Use the Cursor </> buttons to select "USB Drv," and then use the -/+ buttons to select "VENDOR" or GENERIC."
- Press the EXIT button several times to save this setting and return to the main select screen.