The PCR-300/500/800 normally requires that a Roland USB driver be installed on your computer to be able to communicate correctly. If you have an operating system that is not supported, you can set the PCR keyboard to use the MIDI driver that is built into your computer's operating system (for instance, Core MIDI on Mac OSX). To do this you must change the Advanced Driver Switch to "OFF." Here are the steps:
- Press EDIT so it is lit. The display will indicate “EDIT.”
- Use the VALUE knob to select “SYS,” and press ENTER.
- Use the VALUE knob to select “SY10,” and press ENTER.
- Use the VALUE knob to specify the desired USB MIDI driver type. Set this to "on" to use a Roland USB driver, and set it to "off" to use the built-in / generic MIDI driver on your computer.
- Press ENTER on more time to return to Play mode.