The following article will guide through troubleshooting in the event that no sound is heard out of R-MIX.
- Be sure to setup the sound output of R-MIX so that the computer's soundcard or the connected audio interface is selected:
- In R-MIX software, click on "Setup" at the top of the screen.
- Click on the drop-down arrow to the right of the "Playback Audio Device" section and select either your computer's soundcard or your connected audio interface.
Note: If you're using a connected audio interface and it doesn't appear in this section, close down R-MIX and be sure that the audio interface's driver is properly installed and the audio interface is properly connected according to its instructions.
- Click on "OK".
- If using the computer's internal soundcard, check that the computer is not muted, the volume is up and the speakers or headphones are properly connected.
- If using an external audio interface,be sure that the volume is up and the speakers or headphones are properly connected.
- Be sure that there is an audio file in one of the two tracks in R-MIX. The following article will guide through importing an audio file:
How to Import Audio Files
- Check that the tracks "M" mute buttons are grey (off) and not green (on):
- Be sure that the INSIDE LEVEL and/or the OUTSIDE LEVEL faders are up:
- Try importing a different audio file than the one currently loaded into R-MIX.
- Click on "New Project" on the top left of the window to create a new project. Then, import an audio file and test.
- If the problem continues, close down R-MIX and try playing an audio file from another audio software program (such as iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc). If there is still no sound being output, then R-MIX is not the source of the issue.
In this case, troubleshoot the internal sound card or external audio interface connected, headphones or speakers.