Each Kit in the SPD-SX can be initialized. Doing this erases ALL settings in the Kit - including the Name, Pad assignments, effect settings, etc., so you can start from scratch. Note: Initializing a Kit does *not* delete the wave files (sounds) or free up the memory.
Here's how to initialize a Kit:
1. Press the +/- buttons to select the desired Kit to initialize.
2. Press MENU.
3. Cursor to highlight the KIT icon, and then press ENTER.
4. Press the function 1 button to select the COMMON tab.
5. Press the QUICK button.
6. Cursor down to highlight "KIT INIT."
7. Press Function 3 (ENTER) twice.