It's possible to backup all of your custom settings in the SPD-30 to an external USB memory drive. When performing a full backup, this includes all of your custom kit edits, Phrases(Loops), system settings, Trigger parameters, and effects settings, etc.
1. Turn on the SPD-30.
2. Insert the USB memory drive into the USB MEMORY port on the back panel of the SPD-30.
Note: If you haven't formatted your USB memory drive in the SPD-30 yet, click this link and follow the steps before continuing:
3. Press the MENU button.
4. Turn the function 1 knob to highlight "USB."
5. Press the function 3 button (ENTER).
6. Turn the function 1 knob to highlight "BACKUP ALL."
7. Press function 3 (ENTER).
8. Turn the function 1 knob to choose the desired backup number. You can have up to 99 different backups stored on a single USB memory drive. If this is your first backup, leave "01" highlighted.
9. Press function 2 (NAME).
10. Use the function 1 and 2 knobs and buttons to select the desired characters to name the backup (if desired).
11. Press function 3 (OK).
12. Press function 3 again (SAVE) - "Now Saving" appears briefly in the display.
13. Press the BACK button when you're finished. The backup is now saved to the USB memory.