If you enjoy using the BR-800's built-in drum machine but would like to transfer the drum Patterns or Arrangements to a track, this article will guide you through the proper procedure. The BR-800's drums can be Mastered down (recorded) to a stereo track and then exported as a WAV file to your computer. This WAV file will be a recording of the drums alone and can then be dragged directly into a track in recording software (e.g. Cakewalk's Sonar).
How to Master (Mix Down) the Built-In Drums to Two Tracks
- Press MENU.
- Cursor to "MASTERING," and then press ENTER.
- Turn the dial clockwise to set MASTERING to the ON position.
- Press EXIT twice to return to the main screen. The display shows the track(s) to which you'll be mastering underneath the word "MASTERING." By default, “TR78-VMST” is displayed for the stereo virtual mastering track belonging to Tracks 7 and 8.
- Use the CURSOR buttons to move the cursor selector line underneath “VMST” (part of “TR78-VMST”).
- Turn the DIAL counter-clockwise to change the v.track to any desired track. For example: Selecting “TR78-1” selects Track 7/8 Virtual Track 1 as the destination.
- Turn down the fader volumes of all tracks except for the RHYTHM and MASTER fader.
- Press the ZERO button to return to the beginning of your song.
- Press RECORD and then press PLAY.
- When the song has finished playing, press STOP. A "PREVIEW" window will appear.
- Press PLAY to hear your mastered (mixdown) drum track. The drum track has now been recorded onto the selected track in step 6 above.
- Press EXIT twice to return to the main screen.