The Juno-DS88 and Juno-DS61 can install sound expansion sets downloaded from the Axial website (http://axial.roland.com/). Here are the steps for downloading and installing an expansion sound set into the Juno-DS:
- Download the EXP expansion sound set from the Axial website. Here is a link to the download page.
- Connect a USB memory key to your computer.
- Unzip / Decompress the downloaded file, then copy the sound file ("EXPxx.bin") to the root directory of the USB memory key.
- Disconnect the USB memory key from your computer, then connect it to the Juno-DS with the power off.
- While pressing the NUMERIC button, turn on the power of the Juno-DS. The Wave Update Mode will be activated and the screen will display the wave expansion data (e.g. "EXP-01").
- Select the wave expansion data and press ENTER.
- When the screen displays "Are you sure?" press ENTER to load the sounds. If you would like to start over, press EXIT.
- When the JUNO-DS is loading the sounds, "Writing..." will be displayed on the screen (it will take approximately five minutes to load the sounds). When the JUNO-DS is done loading the sounds, "Complete" will be displayed on the screen.
- Power the Juno-DS off, then back on.