Split screens are useful in many applications like for instance; interviews, depositions, city council meetings etc. Here's a quick tutorial on how to arrange a split screen.
- Press the [MEMORY] button to display the MEMORY menu.
- Use the [TRANSFORMER] "UP" "DOWN" buttons to navigate and select “EFFECTS A” or “EFFECTS B.”
- Use the A/B fader to select the compositing effect to assign to the EFFECTS A or B [ON] button. You have a choice of the following effects:
- SPLITVS - Split Screen /w full frame video stretched vertically
- SPLITVC - Split Screen /w its center section vertically cropped*
- SPLITHS - Split Screen /w full frame video stretched horizontally
- SPLITHC - Split Screen /w its center section horizontally cropped*
* I would recommend the use of the of the Vertical or Horizontal Crop split as it best displays the image without squeezing it to fit within the split screen.
- Press the EFFECTS A (or B) [ON] button to turn on the effect (lighted).
- Press one of the [A-1] through [A-4] buttons to select the video you want to
display above or on the left.
- Press one of the [B-1] through [B-4] buttons to select the video you want to display below or on the right.
- Turn the [EFFECTS A] and [EFFECTS B] knobs to adjust the center position.
(You can only adjust this when you selected “SPLIT-HC” or “SPLIT-VC”)
- [EFFECTS A] knob This adjusts the center position horizontally.
- [EFFECTS B] knob This adjusts the center position vertically.
- To turn off an effect, press the EFFECTS A (or B) [ON] button a second time.