The USB functionality of the BR-1600CD is to import and export WAV files as well as backup and recover projects. In order to accomplish these functions, the BR-1600CD need to be put into the proper USB mode--as communication to a computer does not happen automatically after connecting a USB cable.
In order for the BR-1600CD to begin communicating with the computer, be sure to follow the proper setup procedures found in the "Section 6 Using USB" of the owner's manual:
The BR-1600CD is not an audio interface and cannot pass audio via USB in real-time.
If the BR-1600CD is still not recognized by the computer, the following is troubleshooting information:
- Be sure to log on as a user with administrative privileges on the computer.
- Close/turn off system monitoring/anti-virus software. If system monitoring software such as anti-virus programs are installed on your computer, close them while troubleshooting.
- Connect directly to your computer via USB. Do not connect to a USB hub while troubleshooting.
- Be sure that you are connecting to a USB 2.0 port on your computer; or a USB 3.0 port with backwards compatibility. Check the USB 3.0 specifications of your computer to determine if there is complete support for USB backwards compatibility.
- Try a different USB cable and different USB ports on the computer.
- Test on a different computer (if available) to pin-point whether the issue is due to the BR-1600 or with the original computer being used.