The following is information to help troubleshoot the R-05 recorder in the event that the unit no longer recognizes an SD memory card:
- Be sure that the SD card is in the unlock position:
- Be sure that the card is compatible:
- Try testing the R-05 with new, unused Alkaline or Nickel Hydrogen batteries. Note: Lithium batteries are not compatible and are a common reason why customers have reported this issue.
- If you are using a power supply, be sure that you are using a Roland PSB-6U or Roland UDC-25 power supply only--3rd party power supplies can cause the unit to not operate properly.
- Test with the original recorder's SD memory card that was included with the product brand new--so we can be sure of card quality.
- If the issue continues with the original SD card, the card may be malfunctioning and needs to be replaced:
- If the issue continues with any compatible SD card, the R-05 may need to be serviced. To get the R-05 serviced, you must first obtain a Return Authorization number (RA). You can do so by using our online service request form on our site here:
Roland Service Request
Additional service rate and warranty information can be found here:
Service and Repair Information