GT-1: Factory Reset (Initialization)
Use the following procedure to perform a FACTORY RESET and clear the internal memory SYSTEM
and PATCH of the GT-1 and reload it's SYSTEM VERSION FACTORY SETTINGS.
CAUTION: All SYSTEM and USER custom programmed data will be lost after FACTORY RESET.
Back up any custom PATCH data you wish to retain by using BOSS TONE STUDIOS for GT-1 and
it's integrated LIBRARIAN.
1. Press [MENU].
2. Use any VALUE KNOB and turn clockwise to select "F.RESET" icon located far right in the menu.
3. With "F.RESET" icon highlighted press [ENTER].
4. Turn VALUE KNOB 1 to select "FROM" value and set it to "SYSTEM".
5. Turn VALUE KNOB 3 to select "TO" value and set it to "U99".
6. Press [ENTER] button once and use VALUE KNOB 1 to select "OK" and press [ENTER] to execute
FACTORY RESET and INITIALIZATION.
7. The message, "EXECUTING" should appear, wait for initialization, when complete the GT-1B will
return to USER PATCH PLAY SCREEN.
8. Recycle power, POWER OFF by unplugging the INPUT CABLE and POWER ON by reinserting the
NOTE: FACTORY RESET will roll back to the last SYSTEM PROGRAM/FIRMWARE VERSION UPDATE
installed. For example, if a SYSTEM PROGRAM VERSION 2.0 update has already been installed and
a FACTORY RESET is performed it will only reset back to VERSION 2.0 not back to an earlier