GT-1: FACTORY RESET (INITIALIZATION)
If you'd like to reset the GT-1 and perform a FACTORY RESET, please use the following procedure to clear the internal memory for SYSTEM and PATCH and reload it's SYSTEM VERSION FACTORY SETTINGS.
CAUTION: All USER information will be lost. Be sure to back up any information you wish to retain by using BOSS TONE STUDIOS for GT-1 LIBRARIAN.
1. Press MENU.
2. Use any VALUE KNOB and turn clockwise to select "F.RESET" icon, located far right in the menu.
3. With F.RESET icon highlighted, press [ENTER].
4. Turn VALUE KNOB 1 to select "FROM" value and set it to "SYSTEM".
5. Turn VALUE KNOB 3 to select "TO" value and set it to "U99".
6. Press [ENTER] button once and use VALUE KNOB 1 to select "OK" and press [ENTER] to execute FACTORY RESET and INITIALIZATION.
7. The message, "EXECUTING" should appear, wait for initialization, when complete the GT-1B will return to USER PATCH PLAY SCREEN.
8. Recycle power, POWER OFF by unplugging the INPUT CABLE and POWER ON by reinserting the INPUT CABLE.
NOTE: FACTORY RESET will roll back to the last SYSTEM PROGRAM/FIRMWARE VERSION UPDATE installed.
FOR EXAMPLE: if a SYSTEM PROGRAM VERSION 2.0 update has already been installed and a FACTORY RESET is performed it will only reset back to VERSION 2.0 not back to an earlier SYSTEM VERSION.