The following is information to help troubleshoot the R-09 recorder in the event that the unit no longer recognizes an SD memory card:
- Try testing the R-09 with new, unused Alkaline or Nickel Hydrogen batteries.
Note: Lithium batteries are not compatible and are a common reason why customers have reported this issue.
- If a power supply is being used, be sure that it's a Roland brand PSB-6U or UDC-25 only--3rd party power supplies can cause the unit to not operate properly.
- Test with the original recorder's SD memory card that was included with the product new.
- Be sure that the card is compatible:
- The recorder's current operating version may need to be updated. You may download the latest version of operating system on our website:
- Test with a different compatible SD card.
- If the issue continues with the original SD card included with the product, and any other compatible SD card that is used, the R-09HR may need to be serviced.
Due to the age of the product and the fact that parts are no longer available for the R-09, our service department no longer services these unfortunately. You may try contacting a local service center here: