The following is information to help troubleshoot the R-09 recorder in the event that the unit no longer recognizes an SD memory card:
- Try testing the R-09 with new, unused Alkaline or Nickel Hydrogen batteries.
Note: Lithium batteries are not compatible and are a common reason why customers have reported this issue.
- If a power supply is being used, be sure that it's a Roland brand PSB-6U or UDC-25 only--3rd party power supplies can cause the unit to not operate properly.
- Test with the original recorder's SD memory card that was included with the product new.
- Be sure that the card is compatible:
- The recorder's current operating version may need to be updated. You may download the latest version of operating system on our website:
- Test with a different compatible SD card.
- If the issue continues with the original SD card included with the product, and any other compatible SD card that is used, the R-09HR may need to be serviced. To get the R-09HR serviced, you must first obtain a Return Authorization number (RA). You can do so by using our online service request form on our site here:
Roland Service Request
Additional service rate and warranty information can be found here:
Service and Repair Information