The UM-550 has two USB driver modes available:
- Original: This mode requires a Roland USB driver to be installed on your computer and allows for FPT - Fast Processing Technology of MIDI data.
- Generic: This mode does not require a Roland USB driver and will use the built-in USB driver in your computer (Mac or PC).
Use this procedure to change the USB driver mode:
- Simultaneously press the P.SAVE and UTILITY buttons to enter Setup Mode. Both buttons will light.
- Press the INPUT 3 button.
- Press the OUTPUT 1 button to select the "Original" driver mode, or press the OUTPUT 2 button to select the "GENERIC" driver mode.
- Press the PATCH button to exit.
- Power the UM-550 off and then back on.