The STUDIO-CAPTURE control panel is installed automatically when the driver is installed and does not require a separate installation.
Note that the computer automatically downloads the Windows 10 driver and STUDIO-CAPTURE control panel software from the Internet when the STUDIO-CAPTURE is connected to the computer. For install information, refer to the downloads page:
To launch the STUDIO-CAPTURE control panel:
- Click the start button and then click "All apps".
- Open the Roland folder and then click "STUDIO-CAPTURE".
- The "STUDIO-CAPTURE Control Panel" will appear.
* You can also open the "STUDIO-CAPTURE Control Panel" from the Windows Control Panel. In the Control Panel, click View by: and change it to an icon display, and then double-click the STUDIO-CAPTURE icon.
* If the software does not appear, click on the Windows icon on the bottom left of the screen and then perform a search for STUDIO-CAPTURE.
If the STUDIO-CAPTURE Control Panel still does not appear, perform an uninstall of the driver and then reinstall:
- Disconnect all USB devices except keyboard and mouse, and then start Windows. Be sure to also remove the STUDIO-CAPTURE's USB cable.
- Exit all applications before you begin the uninstallation. Please wait for about 10 seconds until these applications exit completely.
- Right-click the start button and then click "Programs and Features".
- In the list, choose "STUDIO-CAPTURE Driver", and click "Uninstall/Change."
* The driver is not installed if STUDIO-CAPTURE Driver is not displayed in the list. You then do not need to uninstall the driver and can follow the "Manual Driver Install" section below.
- If a dialog box regarding User Account Control appears, click [Yes].
- If you are asked to enter the password for an administrative account, sign in to Windows as a user whose Account Type is Administrator.
- The display will indicate "The installed STUDIO-CAPTURE Driver will be uninstalled." and click the [OK].
- When the message "Uninstallation was completed." is displayed, click [OK] to restart Windows.
Manual Driver Install
- First be sure that the computer has a stable internet connection.
* One way to test this is to open a browser and try to watch a video online (e.g. www.youtube.com). If the video freezes or doesn't play, there may be a connection issue with your internet service provider. In this case, contact the internet service provider for assistance.
- Turn on the power of STUDIO-CAPTURE and connect it to the computer using a USB cable.
- Right-click the start button and then click "Device Manager".
- In the View menu, click "Devices by type".
- Click "Sound, video and game controllers" or "Other devices" to display the STUDIO-CAPTURE device.
- When the STUDIO-CAPTURE device appears, right-click it, and then select "Update Driver Software".
- Select "Search automatically for updated driver software".
- Your PC starts searching for the driver, and the driver is installed automatically.
- The installation is completed if the "Windows has successfully updated your driver software" message is displayed.
- Click "Close". If the "System Settings Change" dialog box appears, click [Yes] to restart Windows.