When recording audio from an external audio device or mixer, you'll connect the stereo audio outputs (left and right) of the device into the MIC/AUX IN of the R-07. This will may require audio adapter cables that can be purchased from a musical instrument or electronic store (e.g. Best Buy, Amazon.com, etc). When connecting to the MIC/AUX IN of the R-07, the internal mics are automatically disengaged (turned off).
Note: The R-07's MIC/AUX IN jack is stereo only so you must connect both the left and right output of the external audio device.
Cable Connection Types
The following are common adapter cables that would be used based on the type of audio outputs the external audio device has:
- Device with 1/8" outputs
1/8" to 1/8" cable (also known as 3.5mm)
- Device with 1/4" outputs
Adapter cable needed: Dual 1/4" mono to 1/8" stereo mini
- Device with XLR outputs
Adapter cable needed: Dual XLR female to 1/8" stereo mini male
- Device with RCA outputs
Adapter cable needed: Dual RCA to 1/8" stereo mini
How to Record Audio from the External Device
- Connect the audio output(s) of the external audio device (e.g. iPod, mixer, etc) to the MIC/AUX IN of the R-07.
- Turn up the volume to the external audio device.
- Press the red Record button on the R-07 so that it flashes red.
- Begin sending or playing audio from the external audio device.
For example: if an audio mixer with microphones is connected, begin singing or playing into the microphones; if an audio player (such as an iPod) is connected, begin playing the music from the audio player.
- Turn up the output volume of the external device (e.g. iPod, audio mixer, etc).
- Use the INPUT + and - buttons on the R-07 to adjust the input level on the screen so that the audio source averages between "12" and "6" on the meter.
- Press the REC button a second time to begin recording.
- Press STOP to stop recording.
- Press PLAY to hear the recording.
How to Transfer Recordings to a Computer
- Make sure that a microSD card is inserted in the R-07’s microSD card slot.
Note: The R-07 is compatible with no larger than 32GB microSD cards.
- Switch on the R-07’s power.
- Use the commercially available USB cable to connect the R-07 to your computer.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not use a micro USB cable that is designed only for charging a device. Charge-only cables cannot transmit data. Check the documentation of the cable being used to be sure that the cable is not designed for charge-only.
- After connecting the USB to the R-07 and the computer, a window will appear stating "Select USB Mode."
- Select “Storage” and then press the red record button. After a while, the computer will detect the R-07, and the R-07’s display will show the “Now connecting” screen.
- The computer will recognize the R-07’s microSD card in the
Appears in Computer or Explorer under a name
such as removable disk.
Appears on the desktop with a name such as NO NAME.
- To copy files, use the computer to drag and drop them to a desired location--such as the desktop.