The following article troubleshoots in the event that the GO:MIXER PRO does not maintain a connection with the phone being used.
- A common reason for connectivity issues is that the phone's USB or lightning port has accumulated dirt, lint or dust that is preventing the GO:MIXER PRO from connecting. Check with the phone manufacturer for information regarding properly cleaning this port out--in order to make connectivity.
- Test with a USB cable that came with the GO:MIXER PRO. If the problem continues, test with a different USB cable (if available).
- If not using the included lightning to USB cable, be sure to us an Apple brand Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and not a 3rd party.
- Be sure that the USB-A to micro-B cable cable connected to the camera adapter is not designed only for charging a device. Charge-only cables cannot transmit data.
- Be sure that the standard USB-A to micro-B cable is less than 1.5 feet.
- Android Phones
- If using an Android phone with a USB micro B-type connector, be sure that only the included USB cable is being used--3rd party cables are not compatible.
- If using an Android phone with a USB micro B-type connector, the white end of the included USB cable must connect to the GO:MIXER PRO and the black end of the USB cable must connect to the Android.
- Be sure that a compatible phone or iPad is being used. The following are lists of compatible devices and the compatible operating systems (under "Smartphone Compatibility"):
- Check that both the phone and the operating system on the phone are compatible.
- Be sure that a compatible app is being used. Not all apps are warranted for full function with the GO:MIXER PRO. Check the compatible app list on the bottom of one of the links in the "Smartphone Compatibility" section: https://www.roland.com/global/products/gomixer_pro/support/
* A compatible app needs to be open in order for the GO:MIXER PRO to remain on.
* It is not possible to monitor existing tracks through the GO:MIXER PRO while simultaneously recording a new performance.
- Try restarting the phone or iPad.
- Update the phone or iPad to its latest OS version.
- Test with the camera app included with phone or iPad's operating system to determine if the issue is app specific.
- Be sure that the phone is charged and not low on battery.
- If using batteries in the GO:MIXER PRO, be sure that the batteries are new.
- Disconnect the USB cable from both the GO:MIXER PRO and the phone. Then reconnect both ends making sure that the USB cable is fully connected to both the GO:MIXER PRO and the phone.
- If available, test with a different compatible phone or iPad (using the link of one of the articles above as a reference).