The FANTOM allow you to change the USB Driver setting - the available options are:
- VENDER: This setting requires that you install a Roland USB driver on your computer for the Fantom, and allows you to transfer both MIDI and Audio through the USB connection. This is the usual setting used when connecting to a computer via USB.
- GENERIC: This setting does not require a Roland USB driver to be installed (it instead uses the built-in driver in your computer's operating system), and is also referred to as "Class Compliant." This is a good option when a USB driver is not available for your computer, or when you are connecting to an iOS device.
Here are the steps to change the USB Driver setting on the FANTOM:
1. On the FANTOM, press the MENU button.
2. Touch "SYSTEM" on the touch screen.
3. Use the left knob under the screen to select the "GENERAL" tab on the left side of the screen.
4. Touch "USB Driver" on the screen and use the dial to select "VENDOR" or "GENERIC."
5. Press the WRITE button to save this setting, then power off and back on the FANTOM.