- VR-1HD hardware
- Windows or Mac Computer with a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port
- USB cable connected between the VR-1HD and Computer
- HDMI Cable and Monitor (to see update progress)
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the VR-1HD. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your VR-1HD while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the VR-1HD won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
Download the System Program Firmware update file from the VR-1HD Downloads Page.
Scroll to the bottom of the page, click the checkbox, and click on the orange button to download.
Note: The latest version is "vr1hd_sys_v123.zip", this image is for reference
It will appear in your downloads folder as vr1hd_sys_v123.zip.
The update file will be contained in the downloaded .ZIP archive file. You will need to extract the .PRG file inside the .ZIP file, and save it for later.
Note: The latest version is "vr1hd_sys_v123", this image is for reference
Do not open the .PRG file, it is not a program that runs on your computer, and do not rename it. You will later upload it to the VR-1HD in the following steps.
Connect a USB 2.0 or 3.0 cable between the USB STREAM port on the VR-1HD and the computer.
Hold down both the [MENU] button and the [ON AIR] button at the same time and turn on the power.
Continue holding down the buttons until the [BGM] button repeatedly flashes Blue.
Open the "VR-1HD" drive folder on your computer.
- Windows: Within My Computer (or Computer), open "VR-1HD" (or Removable Disk).
- Mac: In Finder or on the Desktop, open the "VR-1HD" icon.
Copy and paste (or drag and drop) the "VR-1HD.PRG" file from the "vr1hd_sys_v123" folder into the root directory of the "VR-1HD" drive.
Do not copy the folder, the .PRG file should be the only file on the "VR-1HD" drive.
Note: The root directory is the top level or main folder you see when you connect a USB flash drive and click to open it.
After the copy has been completed, safely remove the "VR-1HD" drive on your computer.
- Windows: Right-click on the "VR-1HD" icon in My Computer (or the "Removable Disk (*:)" icon) and click "Eject."
- Mac: Drag the "VR-1HD" icon to the Trash icon in the Dock.
Do not power off the VR-1HD yet, you need to leave it powered on for the next 2 steps.
Unplug the USB cable from the back of the VR-1HD.
The [ON AIR] button will start flashing.
Press the [ON AIR] button to start the update process.
The SCENE buttons will start to repeatedly flash Red from SCENE [A] through SCENE [E], acting as a progress bar.
- Do not turn off the VR-1HD while updating.
- The update takes about 5 minutes.
When all five SCENE buttons light up Red at the same time, the update is complete.
Turn the VR-1HD power off. This completes the update.
The new system program runs at the next startup.
- Startup time is longer for the first boot cycle after the update.
- Startup requires approximately 1 minute 40 seconds.
To verify that the update, go to [MENU] > [SYSTEM], and scroll to the end of the menu to get the VERSION number.
For more information about VR-1HD Firmware, refer to the System Program link on the Downloads page.
Note: This is separate from the manuals.