First download the R-07 System Program file and follow the "PROCEDURE FOR THE UPDATE" section from the R-07's Downloads page:
If there is an issue updating, the follow is troubleshooting information:
- Be sure that the downloaded update file has been extracted (unzipped) and that the "R-07.UPD" file itself is transferred to the R-07.
NOTE: Do not transfer the folder that "R-07.UPD" file is in but the "R-07.UPD" file itself.
- Place the "R-07.UPD" file in the root directory of the R-07's memory.
NOTE: The root directory means to not place the "R-07.UPD" file into any folder on the R-07's memory card. Place this "R-07.UPD" update file on top of drive icon in "Computer" (Windows) or on the drive icon on the desktop (Mac).
- When the "R-07.UPD" file is in the R-07's root directory, power up the R-07 while holding the red record button and let go of the button as soon as "ON" appears on the screen. Holding the red record button longer can prevent the update procedure.
- Connect the R-07 directly to the computer via USB. Do not connect through a USB hub. Be sure that the message "Select USB Mode" appears on the R-07's display and then select "Storage" and press the [ REC ] button.
- Try a different USB cable.
NOTE: Do not use a micro USB cable that is designed only for charging a device. This is not written on the cable so if you're unsure, try a different USB cable that passes data and is NOT charge only.
- Use the microSD card included with the R-07 to perform the update. If this card has been misplaced, be sure that the card being used is compatible:
- Try updating from a different computer (if available).