The following is troubleshooting information in the event that you're unable to get any audio from a connected microphone:
- Be sure that the DIRECT MONITOR switch on the back panel is set to the MONO.
- If the microphone has an ON/OFF switch, set the switch to the ON position.
- If the microphone requires phantom power (48 volts), press the 48V button on the front of the Rubix so that it illuminates (on). Check the documentation of the microphone to determine if it requires phantom power (48 volts).
NOTE: Phantom power is only supplied to the XLR inputs and is not supplied to the 1/4" inputs.
- Turn up the SENS 1L knob or SENS 2R knob to provide input gain to the microphone.
- Turn up the OUTPUT knob or headphone volume knob (next to the OUTPUT knob) in order to hear the audio.
- Be sure to connect speakers or headphones directly to the Rubix and not to the computer's audio output.
- Try a different audio cable (if one is available).