Check the following points.
When the pitch is unstable
Mouthpiece attachment and bite lever position
Attach the band as shown in the illustration below.
- The bite control may not work if the mouthpiece is not firmly inserted all the way in. Attach the mouthpiece so that there is no gap between the instrument and the mouthpiece.
- The pitch does not change according to how far the mouthpiece is inserted. Change this from [MENU] - “Master Tuning” in the system settings.
- If the mouthpiece does not easily slide on and off, apply a little recorder cream (commercially available).
Normally, when looking at the mouthpiece from the side, the tip of the bite bar should be touching the reed.
- If the bite bar is getting warped or otherwise deformed and requires adjustment, it needs to be repaired. Consult with the shop where you purchased this product, or the Roland distributor nearest you.
Bite control settings
Refer to the following video to correctly set each parameter related to byte control.
- The parameters that can be selected differ depending on the tone.
When the pitch is too high or low
Changing the master tuning
Check whether the pitch is set as intended from [MENU] - “Master Tuning” in the system settings.
- See the related Q&A, “Can you change the master tuning (pitch)?” for details on how to change the master tuning.