The RD-88 can be connected to a computer via USB, and there are two modes available - Vendor or Generic.
- Vendor: In the "Vendor" setting, you will need to install a Roland driver on your computer so the RD-2000 can communicate with it correctly. In this mode you can transfer both MIDI and Audio between your computer and the RD-2000.
- Generic: The "Generic" mode is useful when connecting to a computer with an operating system for which there is not a Roland driver available, or when connecting to a device that already has generic or core-midi drivers, such as an iPad or iPhone.
Use the following steps to set the internal USB driver mode:
- Press MENU so it is lit.
- CURSOR to "SYSTEM" and press ENTER.
- CURSOR to "GENERAL" and press ENTER.
- CURSOR to "USB Driver" and use the INC / DEC buttons to make your USB driver selection.
- Press WRITE, then CURSOR to "SYSTEM" and press ENTER.
- CURSOR to highlight "WRITE" and press ENTER.
- Turn the RD-88 off, then back on, to finish making the driver change.