A MIDI note is sent through the MIDI OUT port (or USB port) when you strike a pad on the SPD-SX-SE. Similarly, the SPD-SX-SE's sounds (waves) can be triggered when a MIDI note is received. Here's how to assign the desired MIDI note numbers to a pad:
- Press MENU.
- Cursor to highlight "KIT," and then press ENTER.
- Press the F3 (Function) button below the display to select "MIDI."
- Cursor to "MIDI NOTE#."
- Strike the pad that you'd like to assign a MIDI note number to.
- Press +/- to select the desired MIDI note number.
- Repeat Steps 5 and 6 to assign MIDI notes to other pads.
- Press EXIT twice when you're finished—the new settings are saved in the kit automatically.