The TR-909 plug-in can be configured so that any or all of the individual kit elements (kick drum, snare drum, handclaps, etc.) can be routed from the plug-in to its own audio track. To configure the plug-in to do this in Reaper, perform the following procedure.
- Create new Reaper project
- From the Track menu, select "Insert virtual instrument on new track"
- Select the TR-909, click the "Add" button
- Click “yes” to the Build Routing Confirmation
- Tracks are added to the project
- Click the OPTION button in the plug-in UI
- Select the “Sub Output…” option
- Select the desired sub-instruments to sub out (button should be red)
- Save the project
- Restart Reaper and open the project
Note: the same basic procedure can also be used for the TR-808, TR-707, TR-727 and TR-606 plug-ins.