If your product uses a power supply, whether a BOSS PSA series, PSB series, or PSD, and you've found that it no longer powers on, there are few quick checks you can make to rule out the power supply itself.
If you're using a third party power supply, we strongly recommend avoiding this. If you're unsure which power supply to use for your device, feel free to contact our tech support team or you may find the information you need in your product's owners manual.
Manufacturer Warranty terms will only cover the device when used with the Manufacturer recommended Roland BOSS power supply and not with third party other brand power supplies.
Symptom: Doesn’t power on
- When using an external power supply for your product, it's best to make sure that you are using either the one that came with your product, or the recommended Roland/BOSS power supply.
- The power supply model is usually printed on the product, close to the socket where the power supply connects to the product. If you're not sure whether the power supply is correct for the product, please feel free to reach out to our tech support team via Roland Backstage who would be more than happy to help.
- Please check the power supply is connected to an appropriate mains outlet and the power is switched on. Check all input/output power connections and power cable condition.
- If you're using an extension cable, check whether this could be the issue, eliminate variables by plugging the power supply directly in to the wall socket outlet.
- If there's still no life in your product, switch off the mains, disconnect the power supply and examine it for any signs of damage. If it has sustained any damage, it may need replacing. Don't hesitate to ask us for advice on the most suitable power supply for your needs.