You can use the FANTOM-06 FANTOM-07 FANTOM-08 as an audio interface by installing the USB driver that’s compatible with the OS you’re using.
The USB audio specs are as follows.
- 24-bit, 96 kHz maximum
- Recording: 16 stereo channels
- Playback: 2 stereo channels
When installing the USB driver or using the audio interface function, set the “USB Driver” to “VENDOR”.
Follow the steps below.
- Press the [MENU] button.
- Touch <SYSTEM>.
- Touch <GENERAL> tab.
- Select “USB Driver”, and set the parameter to “VENDOR” using the [VALUE] dial.
- Press the [WRITE] button to save the SYSTEM settings.
- Turn the power off, then on again.
- Install the USB driver that’s compatible with the OS you’re using.
- Download the USB driver here.
- If you’re using Windows 10 or 11, the driver installs automatically when you connect this instrument via USB to a computer that’s connected to the Internet. Refer to the related Q&A, “How do I install the driver on Windows10/11?”.
Once the USB driver is installed, you can select “FANTOM” in the sound settings on your computer, or in the USB audio settings of your DAW software.