The following are some suggestions for solving connection issues between The FP-30 digital piano and the Piano Partner 2 app.
- Be sure your Apple iOS or Android mobile device is updated to the latest system version. (Note: not all Android devices are compatible with Piano Partner 2).
- Update the system program of your FP-30 to the latest version https://www.roland.com/global/products/fp-30/downloads/.
- Make sure your mobile device is connected to the internet. Piano Partner 2 needs to connect to Roland internet servers when it initializes.
- Delete Piano Partner 2 from your mobile device and re-install the app from the Apple App Store for iOS or the Google Play Store for Android.
- Perform a factory reset of your piano. For instructions on restoring the factory settings, please see your FP-30 manual (https://www.roland.com/global/products/fp-30/support/). Once you perform the factory reset there is no need to turn on the Bluetooth functionality on your FP-30. Bluetooth is on by default once you power on.
- When pairing your FP-30 to Piano Partner 2, DO NOT pair in the settings of your mobile device. ONLY pair in the settings of Piano Partner 2. If you previously paired in the settings of your mobile device, you will need to unpair.
- For Android devices be sure location or GPS is turned on.
- For iOS devices, please be sure that Bluetooth is turned on for the Piano Partner 2 app. Go to Settings. Scroll down to Piano Partner 2 and click on the app. Be sure Bluetooth is turned on for Piano Partner 2.
- When connecting to Piano Partner 2, the app will scan looking for your piano. When the scan stops, click the down arrow next to “Connection.” When you click the down arrow, you should see your piano listed.